• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife asked but never filed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wdscars727

What is the name of your state? new york

My wife asked me for a divorce in 2000, she has never filed.When she asked I told her to go get a lawyer and get on with it.we are still living in the same house but I sleep on the couch , we do not have any physical contact at all(sex).She was haveing a affair and told me and our kids that she didnt love me anymore and wanted a divorce.My question is about a law suite that i have on going that started in 2004. if i get any award from this is she going to be intiled to half of it? I feel that she is just hanging around in hopes of getting so money. I have no hard feelings about herwanting out but i feel she divorced me way back in 2000. Back when she asked i told her that i wouldnt fight it and to let me know what she wanted( house, furniture, etc.) she realized that she could not afford to live on her own so she hasnt filed papers.i was just wondering what my legal rights are in this.im not a bad guy and dont want to screw her over, but i dont want that to happen to me either.

AHA

wdscars727 said:

My wife asked me for a divorce in 2000, she has never filed.When she asked I told her to go get a lawyer and get on with it.we are still living in the same house but I sleep on the couch , we do not have any physical contact at all(sex).She was haveing a affair and told me and our kids that she didnt love me anymore and wanted a divorce.My question is about a law suite that i have on going that started in 2004. if i get any award from this is she going to be intiled to half of it? I feel that she is just hanging around in hopes of getting so money. I have no hard feelings about herwanting out but i feel she divorced me way back in 2000. Back when she asked i told her that i wouldnt fight it and to let me know what she wanted( house, furniture, etc.) she realized that she could not afford to live on her own so she hasnt filed papers.i was just wondering what my legal rights are in this.im not a bad guy and dont want to screw her over, but i dont want that to happen to me either.

How about YOU file for divorce?

seniorjudge

wdscars727 said:

Yep, you need to file the lawsuit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">