• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife caught cheating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lettinggo

My wife of 14 years has been caught cheating. This "time" it was on the internet through Yahoo Messenger. More of an on-line affair. I became suspicious of her closing her messenger service everytime I walked in the room. I hacked her password and found some very disturbing conversations with several partners.

I confronted her with a print out of it and she told me it has been going on for about a year.

She has been suspicious in the past regarding "real world" situations including going out to bars on her own but always said nothing happened when confronted. We went to counselling and seemed to get everything patched up.

Now that the cat is out of the bag she has admitted to having sex with men at the bars.

She is also an alcaholic - drinks a 40 oz a day.

I also have three children and I want custody to keep them away from her destructive habits and general lack of parenting skills.

WHAT ARE MY GROUNDS FOR DIVORCE IN OREGON?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lettinggo said:
My wife of 14 years has been caught cheating. This "time" it was on the internet through Yahoo Messenger. More of an on-line affair. I became suspicious of her closing her messenger service everytime I walked in the room. I hacked her password and found some very disturbing conversations with several partners.

I confronted her with a print out of it and she told me it has been going on for about a year.

She has been suspicious in the past regarding "real world" situations including going out to bars on her own but always said nothing happened when confronted. We went to counselling and seemed to get everything patched up.

Now that the cat is out of the bag she has admitted to having sex with men at the bars.

She is also an alcaholic - drinks a 40 oz a day.

I also have three children and I want custody to keep them away from her destructive habits and general lack of parenting skills.

WHAT ARE MY GROUNDS FOR DIVORCE IN OREGON?

My response:

Oregon is a "pure" No-Fault divorce State. When it comes to divorce, it doesn't matter what she's like, what she's done, or what she is today. If you want a divorce, it's just a matter of filing your Petition - - and the only "ground" for divorce is :

"107.025 Irreconcilable differences as grounds for dissolution or separation. (1) The dissolution of a marriage or a permanent or unlimited separation may be decreed when irreconcilable differences between the parties have caused the irremediable breakdown of the marriage.

(2) Separation may be decreed when:

(a) Irreconcilable differences between the parties have caused a temporary or unlimited breakdown of the marriage;

(b) The parties make and file with the court an agreement suspending for a period not less than one year their obligation to live together as husband and wife, and the court finds such agreement to be just and equitable; or

(c) Irreconcilable differences exist between the parties and the continuation of their status as married persons preserves or protects legal, financial, social or religious interest. [1971 c.280 s.9; 1973 c.502 s.1] "

The only time "fault" issues will be accepted by an Oregon court is when such "fault" deals with children's custody, support and visitation issues. Otherwise, fault issues will NOT be entertained by the court.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">