• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife cheated on me. I have pics. Can I send them to the cheaters boss?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersabata

Virginia (but I'm military. Wife's state is Maryland. The cheaters state is Virginia)

Hello,

I caught my wife texting another man. I'll call him the cheater even though both were cheating. They were sending illicit picture (nude) and were planning to meet while I was away on training. I'm military.

The cheater is a dentist- a trusted member of society. I want his boss to know his character- a man who cheats with military spouses while the husband is deployed. Is there any legal law the prohibits me sending his employers the screenshots of the illicit texts that he sent my wife and expressing my concerns about his professionalism?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Virginia (but I'm military. Wife's state is Maryland. The cheaters state is Virginia)

Hello,

I caught my wife texting another man. I'll call him the cheater even though both were cheating. They were sending illicit picture (nude) and were planning to meet while I was away on training. I'm military.

The cheater is a dentist- a trusted member of society. I want his boss to know his character- a man who cheats with military spouses while the husband is deployed. Is there any legal law the prohibits me sending his employers the screenshots of the illicit texts that he sent my wife and expressing my concerns about his professionalism?
Why would you do this? He made no vows to you. He owes you nothing. No-thing. Why not send the photos to your wife's boss? Her Mommy/Daddy? Maybe her best friends? SHE is the one of low character - and you picked her. Maybe send them to your boss, so he knows what poor judgment you have.

SMH.

STEPHAN

The one thing that I found is that a failing marriage always has to do with both sides. There is a lot of pointing to the other side going on, but in reality a marriage is create by both sides. Yes, your wife is cheating, but you must have done things wrong, stopped creating. A marriage needs to be created on a constant basis.

That man is unimportant. Of cause it is not okay, what he does. But if it was not him, there would be someone else.

Sending pictures around would be kind of childish, ignoring your responsibility for the marriage. (And btw, you were the one who picked your wife in the first place, so whatever you do will come back to you anyway.)

quincy

Virginia ... Maryland.

... Is there any legal law the prohibits me sending his employers the screenshots of the illicit texts that he sent my wife and expressing my concerns about his professionalism?
Yes. There are laws that prohibit the accessing of another's private messages, of sending another's private messages to others, and of expressing to others your "concerns" about another's professionalism (unless what is expressed is pure opinion that does not state or imply false facts).

Some laws are invasion of privacy/public disclosure of private facts, and invasion of privacy/false light, and defamation. For a brief look at these laws, following is a link to the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press on "Publishing highly personal and embarrassing information about another, even if completely true." Although the information provided in this link is written for journalists, the laws apply to you in Virginia and Maryland:

http://www.rcfp.org/browse-media-law-resources/digital-journalists-legal-guide/publishing-highly-personal-and-embarrassi

I recommend you get either marriage counseling or a divorce.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Why would you do this? He made no vows to you. He owes you nothing. No-thing. Why not send the photos to your wife's boss? Her Mommy/Daddy? Maybe her best friends? SHE is the one of low character - and you picked her. Maybe send them to your boss, so he knows what poor judgment you have.SMH.
I disagree with the bit about sending the pic's to the wife's boss, family etc...But the bolded is excellent advice. :)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'll call him the cheater...
It was alluded to, but I want to make it crystal clear. Your wife was the cheater. He's only a cheater if he's married, and even if he is married, you (we) don't know the circumstances of his marriage, so it might not even be cheating.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I am disgusted by the very idea that you would think this was an acceptable thing for you to do.

rangersabata

I am disgusted by the very idea that you would think this was an acceptable thing for you to do.
I don't see why you would be disgusted. Sure, my wife was at fault. I'm handling that. But it seems many in this thread give the cheater a pass entirely. I find THIS reprehensible. In a society that condones such immoral behavior, I find YOUR condemnation sad. There is no shame is suggesting there should be consequences for immoral behavior.

Zigner

I don't see why you would be disgusted. Sure, my wife was at fault. I'm handling that. But it seems many in this thread give the cheater a pass entirely. I find THIS reprehensible. In a society that condones such immoral behavior, I find YOUR condemnation sad. There is no shame is suggesting there should be consequences for immoral behavior.
AGAIN, the "cheater" is your wife. Not the other guy.

rangersabata

AGAIN, the "cheater" is your wife. Not the other guy.
Doesn't matter what his name is. He was wrong. And again, I said I'm handling my wife. My question wasn't about my wife. It was clearly focused. If you can't stick to the topic at hand without veering off on your own agenda then please don't comment at all.

STEPHAN

To me the one who cheated and can not be trusted anymore is your wife. We don't know much about the other guy, but it looks like you want to make him more responsible for what both did then your wife.

Zigner

Doesn't matter what his name is. He was wrong. And again, I said I'm handling my wife. My question wasn't about my wife. It was clearly focused. If you can't stick to the topic at hand without veering off on your own agenda then please don't comment at all.
I am sticking exactly to the topic. Once you realize that the guy is NOT a cheater, then you will have more clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">