• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife Cheated Now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skiNutah

What is the name of your state? UTAH

I have no proof that she cheated but the cell phone records are filled with some guys number that she has been talking to about 7 or more times per day for over a year. I dont know how Utah works with adultery and I believe that utah is a no fault state and a 50/50 state. So does this mean that basically it doesnt matter whos fault it is and I just move on or would it be a better idea to get a lawyer? Just need overall advice on how to handle. Thanks this forum is great. :)

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? UTAH

I have no proof that she cheated but the cell phone records are filled with some guys number that she has been talking to about 7 or more times per day for over a year. I dont know how Utah works with adultery and I believe that utah is a no fault state and a 50/50 state. So does this mean that basically it doesnt matter whos fault it is and I just move on or would it be a better idea to get a lawyer? Just need overall advice on how to handle. Thanks this forum is great. :)
**A: what are your plans? Are ypu planning to file for divorce? If so, hire a lawyer.

skiNutah

I am definately getting a divorce but didnt know if I needed a lawyer or not. Can this just be done through mediation or does adultery play into it.

skiNutah

Probably is my fault but I am talking about the legal aspects of the divorce. What are my options here? I understand get a lawyer but wouldnt mediation be effective unless we cannot agree on seperation of property. I understand I have no pictures or conversations but how can adultery be proven anyway?

moburkes

In a no fault state, you split the assets and the bills, and move on. Stop talking about the adultery. It doesn't matter.

Zephyr

Probably is my fault but I am talking about the legal aspects of the divorce. What are my options here? I understand get a lawyer but wouldnt mediation be effective unless we cannot agree on seperation of property. I understand I have no pictures or conversations but how can adultery be proven anyway?
if you both could come to agreements about the division of money, property, and regarding children, if any, then yes you could have a relatively simple uncontested divorce that would save you both a lot of time and money

skiNutah

We have no children. So really the only reason we need a lawyer is if we cannot decide on how to divide stuff. Interesting I thought this was supposed to be all complex and everything with private detectives and black and white photos. I get it Adultery means nothing forget about it. :)

common sense isnt always so common is it?

Two words of advice
1 If you cant prove something ,in your case adultry, it didnt happen

2 Pay the lawyer, they are there for a reason. you will be glad you did later down the line. You may think that you got a fair deal now, and then years later, not so much

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">