• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife cheated, ruined my marriage and business, can I sue third party? NC.Please read!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gothdesigner

North Carolina

My wife cheated on me. It ruined my business. In NC, can I sue the third party jerk (OM)?

I run a personal training business/boot camp out of a gym in NC. I pay the gym a percentage of what I bring in...a big percentage, 50%. I gross over $5,000 a month and pay them over $2,500. The owner of the gym is also a Martial Arts instructor there and teaches the class (Muay Thai) that my wife and I have been in for over a year. We have been married for a year and a half. The owner has been instructing my wife one-on-one for a few months training her to fight and we have all become very close over the past year. I found out that she cheated on me with the owner. Obviously I am pissed. Someone told me that you can sue the third party for adultery, is this true? I was told I would have a very good case because it not only ruined my marriage but it ruined my business as I can no longer run my classes out of the gym that is owned by the person who effed my wife.

So, can I sue the third party for adultery and take his business?

Thank you so much for any responses, I'm obviously devastated over the loss of basically my entire life so any help will be greatly appreciated.

D

Proserpina

North Carolina

My wife cheated on me. It ruined my business. In NC, can I sue the third party jerk (OM)?

I run a personal training business/boot camp out of a gym in NC. I pay the gym a percentage of what I bring in...a big percentage, 50%. I gross over $5,000 a month and pay them over $2,500. The owner of the gym is also a Martial Arts instructor there and teaches the class (Muay Thai) that my wife and I have been in for over a year. We have been married for a year and a half. The owner has been instructing my wife one-on-one for a few months training her to fight and we have all become very close over the past year. I found out that she cheated on me with the owner. Obviously I am pissed. Someone told me that you can sue the third party for adultery, is this true? I was told I would have a very good case because it not only ruined my marriage but it ruined my business as I can no longer run my classes out of the gym that is owned by the person who effed my wife.

Thank you so much for any responses, I'm obviously devastated over the loss of basically my entire life so any help will be greatly appreciated.

D

Though NC does acknowledge 'alienation of affection' suits against a third party, they are rarely successful and do not provide for loss of business/income in the manner you indicate.

Sue the person responsible here - your wife.

(sue her for divorce, etc)

But by all means run this by a local attorney.

LdiJ

North Carolina

D
Why can you no longer run your classes out of the gym? Because you choose not to or because he won't allow you to?

If he won't allow you to, why? Because there was a huge scene of some sort or just "because"?

You may have a business cause of action against him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">