• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife cheating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What do I do

I live in Louisiana. In the last 2 wks. I have discovered that my wife is cheating on me, and that she has several credit cards and at least one bank account I knew nothing of. She has $15,000 to $25,000 of debt on those cards. Since finding out about the debt she has now transferred some of that debt to our joint accounts. I don't know that we will divorce, because this is to new, but I need to know how to protect myself and children should this come to a divorce. What legal information do I need should this become a legal battle? And of course she blames me for all of what she has done.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I live in Louisiana. In the last 2 wks. I have discovered that my wife is cheating on me, and that she has several credit cards and at least one bank account I knew nothing of. She has $15,000 to $25,000 of debt on those cards. Since finding out about the debt she has now transferred some of that debt to our joint accounts. I don't know that we will divorce, because this is to new, but I need to know how to protect myself and children should this come to a divorce. What legal information do I need should this become a legal battle? And of course she blames me for all of what she has done.
You need to shut down the joint cards and get cards in just your name. Also separate your bank accounts. Don't deposit your pay into a joint account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">