• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife Is Cheating; What To Do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrakDoUtMusTanG

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA.

I just found out my wife is cheating. She does not know that I know. What do I need to do to secure an even divorce without drawn out court battles and also, custody for my daughter?

Background info. We were married in California but claim residency in other states. Both military (navy) and we have a 2 yr old daughter together. She is cheating with another military member.

What can I do to end this quickly and without losing my paycheck and my daughter? She will fight for custody without a doubt. I appreciate any information.

This will not end easily for either party or child no matter what. If you want reduce alimony, child support as well as find agreeable divsion of assets as well as custody you need first find an Attorney you will not be able to do this without one and get what you want. I might add that have you given thought that maybe marriage could be saved through counseling? If you proceed with Divorce without legal help (Attorney) you ar enot likely to get what you want or be able to proceed in correct manner. Consult an Attorney as soon as you can.

BelizeBreeze

I just found out my wife is cheating. She does not know that I know. What do I need to do to secure an even divorce without drawn out court battles and also, custody for my daughter?

Background info. We were married in California but claim residency in other states. Both military (navy) and we have a 2 yr old daughter together. She is cheating with another military member.

What can I do to end this quickly and without losing my paycheck and my daughter? She will fight for custody without a doubt. I appreciate any information.
File for divorce and send a copy of the petition to her chain of command.

KrakDoUtMusTanG

I have thought about marriage counceling or anything that would save the marriage the first time. This is the second, and I will not stand for it any longer. She will not change.

LdiJ

There is no magic solution that will guarantee you anything. Cheating generally isn't taken into consideration in custody matters. Whether you win primary custody or not, you won't be with your daughter full time anymore if you divorce. You and your wife will have to share her no matter who ends up with primary custody.

My guess would be that the parent who is least likely to be deployed would be the parent who would receive primary custody, in your particular case. If you take BB's advice, and she ends up being dishonorably discharged for adultery...then guess who is the parent least likely to be deployed?

BelizeBreeze

My point is that while getting her in trouble with the military would be emotionally satisfying, its likely to be economically a BAD idea....and...see above.
at least now you're crouching your advice in guesses. which is NOT the purpose here nor the question asked.

LdiJ

at least now you're crouching your advice in guesses. which is NOT the purpose here nor the question asked.
No it wasn't the question asked. However, you didn't answer the question asked, you simply pointed out how to get her in trouble with the military. I however, did answer the question asked.

BelizeBreeze

No it wasn't the question asked. However, you didn't answer the question asked, you simply pointed out how to get her in trouble with the military. I however, did answer the question asked.
That was the question asked. Now how is your wimpy-assed comment going to insure he doesn't lose his daughter. it won't. Because NO ONE has that answer. However, not losing his paycheck is easy. he files for divorce, including custody while she stands trial for adultery in a military court.

Now, go enlist and get some experience so the next time you try high and mighty you might also explain to the posters you have no idea what you're talking about.:D

LdiJ

That was the question asked. Now how is your wimpy-assed comment going to insure he doesn't lose his daughter. it won't. Because NO ONE has that answer. However, not losing his paycheck is easy. he files for divorce, including custody while she stands trial for adultery in a military court.

Now, go enlist and get some experience so the next time you try high and mighty you might also explain to the posters you have no idea what you're talking about.:D
OP...PLEASE go get a consult with JAG, and then with a local attorney, before you follow any of the advice from anyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">