• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife filling for divorce while in rehab for addiction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tanker35211

I live in Alabama. I just recently taken steps to try and get a grip on my addiction. After I had moved in a recovery Home I was served a summons that my wife had filed for divorce. Any advice please while I am trying to recover

D

dorenephilpot

Are you asking whether it's legal for her to divorce you now?

The answer is yes.

T

tanker35211

Thanks for your reply dorenephipot, I just needed some advice on how I should handle this while am trying to recover from my addiction and the major mistakes I've made,

D

dorenephilpot

As recovering addict, you probably already know that you have some amends to make.

But first you have to get yourself healthy and off the drugs and/or alcohol.

It's tough, but it's not impossible.

I know a lot of folks who had pretty rotten lives, got themselves clean and sober and turned out to be pretty happy, well-adjusted people.

Here's hoping you're one of the success stories.

T

tanker35211

Thankyou, dorenephilpot for the encouragement, at this time I'm just going to concentrate on my recovery. Happy Thanksgiving

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">