• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife Kicked me out of house, Moved to FL?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tyandi

What is the name of your state? NC
My wife is pursuing a divorce. She has kicked me out of the house and expects me to pay two households, meanwhile she moved down to florida for awhile and is upset that I wont pay. I have a few Questions:

1) I had to rent a condo, and our house sits empty, do I have any rights to the house since she moved away for awhile? (I did commit adultery, NC is harder on this offense) She does pay the mortgage.

2) Can I buy things for my condo? Furniture?, TV, Stuff?

3) Should I pay her anything, being I'll probably be paying Alimony. (She is 33 and in great health)

tyandi

She can legally keep me out?

I thought that if there is infidelity, she can have me legally kicked out of the home? She also changed all the locks.????
Can I have a locksmith open the home?

Nocgirl

No she legally cannot kick you out of the home or change the locks.

Why do you assume you will be paying alimony? Alimony is not a given anymore, it must be aggressively fought for and in most cases is given in marriages that last more than 10 years. Unless less than that alimony is usually temporary.

You need to see an attorney. Stop listening to her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">