• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife leave move BF in with our daughters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jdmpdm

What is the name of your state? OR

OK Quick run down as fast as possible. My wife of over 11 years has been having an internet affair for the last couple of months(I just found out). 2 weeks ago she says she wants a seperation and moves out. 3 days ago she moved in the internet guy(not the first time she has had an internet affair either) into her new apartment with my 2 daughters (6&8 ).
I am really concerned about my daughters physical, mental and emotional well being. So here are my thoughts, based on a lot of research on divorce that i have done.

1. Divorce is bad for kids(but it's gonna happen anyway)
2. When divorcing, the kids should try to have the same schedule and activities as much as possible,but she moved them into a new school the same day she got her apartment.
3. Neither parent should get into a relationship for 6 months or so, to give the children time to adjust.
4. If having an affair, don't move that person in with your kids.

So based on all this information, in my eyes, my wife has shown a TOTAL disregard for the emotional, and mental well being of our childre. I am in the process of hiring an lawyer. Do I have grounds to sue for full custody? any comment be appriciated.

LdiJ

Jdmpdm said:
What is the name of your state? OR

OK Quick run down as fast as possible. My wife of over 11 years has been having an internet affair for the last couple of months(I just found out). 2 weeks ago she says she wants a seperation and moves out. 3 days ago she moved in the internet guy(not the first time she has had an internet affair either) into her new apartment with my 2 daughters (6&8 ).
I am really concerned about my daughters physical, mental and emotional well being. So here are my thoughts, based on a lot of research on divorce that i have done.

1. Divorce is bad for kids(but it's gonna happen anyway)
2. When divorcing, the kids should try to have the same schedule and activities as much as possible,but she moved them into a new school the same day she got her apartment.
3. Neither parent should get into a relationship for 6 months or so, to give the children time to adjust.
4. If having an affair, don't move that person in with your kids.

So based on all this information, in my eyes, my wife has shown a TOTAL disregard for the emotional, and mental well being of our childre. I am in the process of hiring an lawyer. Do I have grounds to sue for full custody? any comment be appriciated.
Ok, first, judges almost never give full custody these days to EITHER parent. You can certainly try, but your chances are almost nil (so are hers).

Second, the children have been established with her for the last two months, are established in a new school, and therefore to go into your primary custody would disrupt them and their schooling again.

Third, very few judges these days care much about adultery or whether or not the custodial parent is living with someone. If the guy cannot be proved to be a danger to the children somehow...that isn't likely to get you very far either.

You would be far better off to try to settle with mom on a parenting schedule that allows the children to spend as much time as possible with each of you. What your kids really need are two parents who can handle things with the minimum amount of hostility.

Jdmpdm

Kids with me

OK. first thing, she moved out less than 2 weeks ago. She of course said nothing of her plans to move this guy(from calgary canada), whom she had never met personally, in with her. Second I have had the kids more than 50% of the time as it is. They are with me right now. Kids are in the new school 2 weeks.

djohnson

If the kids are with you now then why did you allow her to take them and put them in another school and start establishing residence with her. I would truly be concerned about the internet guy living with my children too, but it's no different than a bar guy or a grocery store guy. If you have reason to believe they are in danger then see your lawyer now and file for emergency custody now and fight joint custodial but physical custody belonging to you. There is no guarantees either way. Sometimes it comes down to who has the best lawyer because both parents are fit. Even though your arguments sound good to other parents, I am sure she can come up with minor things against you also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">