• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife left

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lostsole

My wife left the house. I told her if she left she was not coming back. She left my two step children here 1:21 with his son and 117 son still in school and now she wants to come visit and tells me I need to leave while she's here. She took all the house keys and car keys with her so I change the locks so he said could secure the home. Contemplating filing for divorce what do I do now don't need any legal issues with her.

Silverplum

My wife left the house. I told her if she left she was not coming back. She left my two step children here 1:21 with his son and 117 son still in school and now she wants to come visit and tells me I need to leave while she's here. She took all the house keys and car keys with her so I change the locks so he said could secure the home. Contemplating filing for divorce what do I do now don't need any legal issues with her.
What's the name of your US state?

LdiJ

If you are in the US, you broke the law by changing the locks. She has just as much right to be in the home as you do until a judge says otherwise. So, you better give her new keys. Also, its really unclear as to how old your stepchildren are due to the odd way you tried to right their ages. Are you saying that they are 21 and 17? If not, how old are they?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you are in the US, you broke the law by changing the locks. She has just as much right to be in the home as you do until a judge says otherwise. So, you better give her new keys. Also, its really unclear as to how old your stepchildren are due to the odd way you tried to right their ages. Are you saying that they are 21 and 17? If not, how old are they?
I get what you're saying - the husband can't prevent the wife from accessing her marital home, but what law do you think was broken by the husband changing the locks?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
My head hurts.

What state?
When did she leave?
How old are the stepsons?

And what's this "his"/"he" about? Is German you native language?!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">