• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife left house 8 months ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbvol

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

My wife left the house 8 months ago and left me with all the bills..Now she wants to sell the house and split the house hold furniture..Since she left and has not helped with any of the bills can she force me to sell the house and half the furniture?Plus she took out all our savings 8,000 and left me with $25.00 in the checking account

LdiJ

sbvol said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

My wife left the house 8 months ago and left me with all the bills..Now she wants to sell the house and split the house hold furniture..Since she left and has not helped with any of the bills can she force me to sell the house and half the furniture?Plus she took out all our savings 8,000 and left me with $25.00 in the checking account
If you wish to keep the house then you will have to refinance the house in your own name so that she is no longer responsible for the mortgage...and you will have to buy out whatever share of the home's equity that a judge determines belongs to her. If you cannot do that, then yes, its likely that a judge will order you to sell the home and split the proceeds. You can certainly have the 8000.00 that she took taken into consideration in the property settlement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">