• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife left me and 4 kids what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christopherp

What is the name of your state? Michigan My wife left me and our 4 kids to be with her lover in Texas who happens to be a woman. She has been gone for almost 2 months. She has made it clear that she has no intentions of ever moving back to Michigan. She left me with a ton of bills. She has not given me any money as a matter of fact she continued to withdraw money in our joint account. She does talk to the kids on the phone once in a while. She keeps telling them that will be home soon witch they know is lie and puts them in a bad mood. Can and should I file abandonment charges? If yes how do I? And what will happen?

LdiJ

christopherp said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan My wife left me and our 4 kids to be with her lover in Texas who happens to be a woman. She has been gone for almost 2 months. She has made it clear that she has no intentions of ever moving back to Michigan. She left me with a ton of bills. She has not given me any money as a matter of fact she continued to withdraw money in our joint account. She does talk to the kids on the phone once in a while. She keeps telling them that will be home soon witch they know is lie and puts them in a bad mood. Can and should I file abandonment charges? If yes how do I? And what will happen?
Go get yourself a consult with a local attorney. In all honesty, even if Michigan still allows for "fault" divorces (and I don't remember if MI does or does not) sometimes that just makes the process more time consuming and expensive. She already left and moved out of state without the kids, therefore she has little to no chance of primary custody...so you are safe there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">