• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife no longer wants to cooperate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ron D

What is the name of your state (CA)
I filed for divorce, we have no real assets, no dependent children, yada yada....
This should be pretty simple but my wife is a drunk, you never know what your gonna come home to. We agreed to try to work things out ourselves, but now she wants to pretend this isn't happening. What do I do about getting the MSA done without her participating. Will I need to go to court???? We have no money, no savings, no property...we aint got much. I'm even willing to take the debt, of which there is a substantial amount, but alimony should be reduced to reflect that, shouldn't it. Something that should be fairly simple is turning into a nightmare....I'm gettin MAD

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (CA)
I filed for divorce, we have no real assets, no dependent children, yada yada....
This should be pretty simple but my wife is a drunk, you never know what your gonna come home to. We agreed to try to work things out ourselves, but now she wants to pretend this isn't happening. What do I do about getting the MSA done without her participating. Will I need to go to court???? We have no money, no savings, no property...we aint got much. I'm even willing to take the debt, of which there is a substantial amount, but alimony should be reduced to reflect that, shouldn't it. Something that should be fairly simple is turning into a nightmare....I'm gettin MAD
Sorry, but there's no way to force someone to cooperate.

All you can do is get an attorney and have them force it through as fast as they can.

The debt and assets (if any) will be split 50:50. In most states, there typically isn't alimony unless the marriage is over 10 years, although CA, alimony is often awarded even for short term marriages - up to 1/2 the length of the marriage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">