• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife refuse to sign divorce papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

limpy

What is the name of your state? MD

I have a seperation papers in place this will be a non contested divorce but now that I have sent the divorce papers to her she will not sign them and return them to me. What can I do? We have lived seperate for a year now. What can I do to be able to move on?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? MD

I have a seperation papers in place this will be a non contested divorce but now that I have sent the divorce papers to her she will not sign them and return them to me. What can I do? We have lived seperate for a year now. What can I do to be able to move on?
You may have to litigate a contested divorce.

Golfball

Thank you for your response. If anyone has any insight on an estimated time frame I would be grateful.
The time frame depends wildly on state, county, corresponding procedural rules, complexity of case, how clogged the court docket is, and how much the court has to decide (rather than the parties deciding.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">