• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife stalling divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harrisal21

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
My wife filed for divorce apr 2014, I filed my answer Jul 22 after being served not contesting anything and agreeing to divorce. since then nothing happened on the case my wife is stalling the divorce. We're doing divorce by affidavits due to totally uncontested divorce. The case remarks now say Notice to Take affidavits, which I assume is the judge is requesting plaintiff/witness testimony to finalize divorce. At this point can I file a motion for leave of court to amend answer and include counterclaim to allow me to move the divorce forward. Anybody been through this before.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
My wife filed for divorce apr 2014, I filed my answer Jul 22 after being served not contesting anything and agreeing to divorce. since then nothing happened on the case my wife is stalling the divorce. We're doing divorce by affidavits due to totally uncontested divorce. The case remarks now say Notice to Take affidavits, which I assume is the judge is requesting plaintiff/witness testimony to finalize divorce. At this point can I file a motion for leave of court to amend answer and include counterclaim to allow me to move the divorce forward. Anybody been through this before.
You can attempt to file a motion for leave. Have you read the local rules however?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">