• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife took kids....dont know where

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bad Simba

My wife ranned off with our 2 children a few days ago to a strangers house in Riverside Ca. Then changed her number the next day. I admit she did txt and called my cousin and said she arived safely but changed number next day. I dont know if this person which i know is another guy is a killer or sex offender. She only new this person for like a week. Im only worried about my kids.

Keep in mind she did the same thing a couple weeks ago in plans of going back to Texas with family but got stranded in Perris Ca by some guy she met off line. ( im not sure if it the same guy who house she at now or what) but again she got ditched and was left in cold with our kids. Both 1 year old other 2 months. 1 year old my step daughter other is my biological. Since her folks denied her to come to their house in Texas she came back to me and my family. Im thinking we were going to try and make this marriage work but guess not.

She already has court next month for child endangerment of our 1 year old while i was at work. She slung her causing her to almost bust her head while still being half strapped in stroller all because she has these anger spells she seem to cant controll at times. All she wants to do is smoke weed and drink. Says it keeps her calm. She also has bad history and past fellony with CPS. Lost her 1st child who is with his father. Hes like 8 or 9 i think now.

I was really trying to make this work without taking legal matters even if we didnt stay together. But i have no choice because she playing these games.

I was thinking today should i file for emergency custody or just wait and see next month on her court day hearing?

Im just worried on my end because we've been living throughout motels/hotels for the last couple months until we get new apartment and they wont give me my kids.

Bad Simba

Contiue from original message

Should I just wait to get myself together and paper work together or what? I just dont want to do anything out of rational thinking because im pissed. Like i said she havent called me or anything. Im still scared for they safety.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
My wife ranned off with our 2 children a few days ago to a strangers house in Riverside Ca. Then changed her number the next day. I admit she did txt and called my cousin and said she arived safely but changed number next day. I dont know if this person which i know is another guy is a killer or sex offender. She only new this person for like a week. Im only worried about my kids.

Keep in mind she did the same thing a couple weeks ago in plans of going back to Texas with family but got stranded in Perris Ca by some guy she met off line. ( im not sure if it the same guy who house she at now or what) but again she got ditched and was left in cold with our kids. Both 1 year old other 2 months. 1 year old my step daughter other is my biological. Since her folks denied her to come to their house in Texas she came back to me and my family. Im thinking we were going to try and make this marriage work but guess not.

She already has court next month for child endangerment of our 1 year old while i was at work. She slung her causing her to almost bust her head while still being half strapped in stroller all because she has these anger spells she seem to cant controll at times. All she wants to do is smoke weed and drink. Says it keeps her calm. She also has bad history and past fellony with CPS. Lost her 1st child who is with his father. Hes like 8 or 9 i think now.

I was really trying to make this work without taking legal matters even if we didnt stay together. But i have no choice because she playing these games.

I was thinking today should i file for emergency custody or just wait and see next month on her court day hearing?

Im just worried on my end because we've been living throughout motels/hotels for the last couple months until we get new apartment and they wont give me my kids.
You're not getting custody of the stepdaughter, period.

You need an attorney - now. Knowing her history, why on earth did you marry and have children with her? Seriously - it really doesn't help your credibility.

Bad Simba

It is what it is

You're not getting custody of the stepdaughter, period.

You need an attorney - now. Knowing her history, why on earth did you marry and have children with her? Seriously - it really doesn't help your credibility.
To be honest i guess i was trying to give this girl a benifit of doubt since the past is the past. Then again tryna be captin save a hoe. She wasnt acting like this at first. Everyrhing was going smooth until we got evicted from our home in Texas then moved here and just couldnt seem to bounce back.

As far as having baby with her the deed is already done nothing i can change about that.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
To be honest i guess i was trying to give this girl a benifit of doubt since the past is the past. Then again tryna be captin save a hoe. She wasnt acting like this at first. Everyrhing was going smooth until we got evicted from our home in Texas then moved here and just couldnt seem to bounce back.

As far as having baby with her the deed is already done nothing i can change about that.
Seriously?

Your wife allegedly abused your 1 year old and you didn't rescue your child and leave her? Forget about saving a damsel in distress - save the innocent toddler!

That you stayed with someone with all these faults makes it seem that you find these behaviors acceptable.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Seriously?

Your wife allegedly abused your 1 year old and you didn't rescue your child and leave her? Forget about saving a damsel in distress - save the innocent toddler!

That you stayed with someone with all these faults makes it seem that you find these behaviors acceptable.
And frankly if Mom is due in court for an abuse case, the fact that Dad not leave and file for custody with no visitation pending the results of the case, I'm surprised HE hasn't been put under the same spotlight. Failure to protect, and all.

Bad Simba

Action was took

I tried to stop it. Called police and she would lie to them. Next thing i know they letting her go. Like i said all this didnt start until recently.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I tried to stop it. Called police and she would lie to them. Next thing i know they letting her go. Like i said all this didnt start until recently.
Oh?

She also has bad history and past fellony with CPS. Lost her 1st child who is with his father. Hes like 8 or 9 i think now.
How recent is this?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
And frankly if Mom is due in court for an abuse case, the fact that Dad not leave and file for custody with no visitation pending the results of the case, I'm surprised HE hasn't been put under the same spotlight. Failure to protect, and all.
Thank you!

I'm feeling a little sick reading OP's posts here. His parenting sounds like my care of potted plants.

LdiJ

You do understand that the odds of some person you do not know being a killer or a sex offender is pretty low, don't you?

You need to stop saying "our kids". Only one of them is your joint child. The other one is her child only. You have no rights where her child is concerned.

She already has court next month for child endangerment of our 1 year old while i was at work.

Again, the 1 year old is not your child.

She slung her causing her to almost bust her head while still being half strapped in stroller all because she has these anger spells she seem to cant controll at times. All she wants to do is smoke weed and drink. Says it keeps her calm. She also has bad history and past fellony with CPS. Lost her 1st child who is with his father. Hes like 8 or 9 i think now.

I am finding it a little difficult to buy the bolded. First, how did CPS get involved in the first place? The OP wasn't home. Was it some random stranger who called them or what? And "almost bust her head" is not the same as actually doing so, and the final item...if its actually reached the point of a court date, why are the children still in the custody of the parents? Why didn't CPS yank them? Generally, CPS doesn't involve the courts without yanking the children.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Excuses. YOU should have taken your 1 year old and LEFT. Not let her see the child until there was a court order (after hearing where you could plead your case). At this point, YOU LEFT the child with her -- that is the only way she could have taken the child without you stopping her. Unless you just let her go. Doesn't say much about YOUR parenting.

mmmagique

Excuses. YOU should have taken your 1 year old and LEFT. Not let her see the child until there was a court order (after hearing where you could plead your case). At this point, YOU LEFT the child with her -- that is the only way she could have taken the child without you stopping her. Unless you just let her go. Doesn't say much about YOUR parenting.
The one year old is not his. He believes the 2 month old is, however. (although I'd suggest a paternity test to prove it.)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The one year old is not his. He believes the 2 month old is, however. (although I'd suggest a paternity test to prove it.)
Thanks for the correction. Either way, he allowed the infant to be with her knowing she "abused" the older child.

Holy cow!!

They should rename his forum to "Free Judgement, Ridicule and Condescension with a Small Sprinkling of Semi-Helpful Legal Advice Tossed In"

mmmagique

Holy cow!!

They should rename his forum to "Free Judgement, Ridicule and Condescension with a Small Sprinkling of Semi-Helpful Legal Advice Tossed In"
Actually, I was just thinking earlier how welcoming and nice "Free Advice" sounds, and how people must feel after being treated so poorly (in many but not all cases) Eh, it's just something that crossed my mind, so your remark hit home for me tonight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">