• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife using different name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jolida72

i live in new york and have not seen my wife in 15 years. did a search with her ss# to get an address to serve divorce papers but found out shes using a different name (must be her- just changed first letter of her maiden name. how can i serve the papers to her in florida if shes not using the right name and i have no picture to send to the process servers. please help. i'm at my wits end with this. wanted to remarry in august and only have 3 monthe left on my index number( her family was going to send the papers but decided not to after i had purchased it). thank you in advance to anyone who can help.:confused:

D

dorenephilpot

You can divorce someone without their approval or knowledge by doing service by publication, which entails running an ad in a general circulation newspaper.

There are specific rules about the language to be used, where it is to run, where and when.

You need to find out what those are and then go from there.

Three months is cutting it close. If you're in that big of a rush, get an attorney involved so that it goes smoothly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">