• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife's attorney withdrawing...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chicagoman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

We have been both working with attorney's and paid retainers. My wife's attorney is withdrawing due to health issues and she has recommended a substitute attorney. This attorney requires a retainer that my wife cannot afford thus leaving her without an attorney. I was asked if I would pay for her retainer, I cannot afford to do so. I am looking for additional opinions outside of my current attorney who left me to believe not much can be done. Does this freeze the case?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

We have been both working with attorney's and paid retainers. My wife's attorney is withdrawing due to health issues and she has recommended a substitute attorney. This attorney requires a retainer that my wife cannot afford thus leaving her without an attorney. I was asked if I would pay for her retainer, I cannot afford to do so. I am looking for additional opinions outside of my current attorney who left me to believe not much can be done. Does this freeze the case?
Nope. The case can continue with neither of you with counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">