• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will continue process w/o lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ncruise

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC

I was married in NY 19 years ago. 8 years ago me and the children moved to SC he was suppose to follow. (never did). Two year ago he convinced my son (he is now 19 yrs. old) to move to NY. My daughter (now 15 yrs old) live with me. I filed for divorce 2 year ago. But ran out of money. The divorce was never finalized. It is a non-contested divorce.

Questions:

Do I have to start the procedure all over again? I have all the paperwork and I plan to take to the clerk or is that a waste of time?

Being that we have not lived together in over 8 years, is it necessary to get a legal separation?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC

I was married in NY 19 years ago. 8 years ago me and the children moved to SC he was suppose to follow. (never did). Two year ago he convinced my son (he is now 19 yrs. old) to move to NY. My daughter (now 15 yrs old) live with me. I filed for divorce 2 year ago. But ran out of money. The divorce was never finalized. It is a non-contested divorce.

Questions:

Do I have to start the procedure all over again? I have all the paperwork and I plan to take to the clerk or is that a waste of time?

Being that we have not lived together in over 8 years, is it necessary to get a legal separation?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I would check with a local attorney, but I can see the possibility that you may not have to file for a legal separation first...but a local attorney is your best source of information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">