• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will this delay things?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AngieO'Plasty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I have finally filed for divorce. In our temporary orders, spouse and I are ordered to complete a family stabilization course and spouse is ordered to complete an anger management course.

Spouse is now refusing to participate in either course, stating that the court cannot force spouse to do anything at spouse's own expense. I have offered to cover the cost of the family stabilization course, as spouse is unemployed, however spouse still refuses to go, saying that courts cannot require or force anyone to do anything.

If spouse does not complete the family stabilization course and/or anger management course, will that impede our ability to proceed with our divorce? If spouse never has any intention of doing either course, how do we move forward?

latigo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
I have finally filed for divorce. In our temporary orders, spouse and I are ordered to complete a family stabilization course and spouse is ordered to complete an anger management course.
Spouse is now refusing to participate in either course, stating that the court cannot force spouse to do anything at spouse's own expense. I have offered to cover the cost of the family stabilization course, as spouse is unemployed, however spouse still refuses to go, saying that courts cannot require or force anyone to do anything.
If spouse does not complete the family stabilization course and/or anger management course, will that impede our ability to proceed with our divorce? If spouse never has any intention of doing either course, how do we move forward?
I don’t know why you chose the plural pronoun “we” as in “how do we move forward”.

But YOU can certainly "move forward" by asking the court to hold this ass in contempt and to impose the sanctions allowed under Subsection (g) of Section 105.009 “Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course”/U] as allowed by the Texas Family Code. *

Also you will note in reading that Subsection that the refusal of a spouse to comply with such orders “may not delay the court from rendering a judgment in a suit affecting the parent-child relationship”.

Apparently this jerk is mindless of how his recalcitrance will serve only to jeopardize whatever positive relief he is expecting to receive from the court.

If you are acting pro se, which it seems, then you must recognize your shortcomings as well. Including the wherewithal in knowing how to “move forward” with the case.

You really ought to be represented by counsel.

Good luck

[*] “(g) The court may take appropriate action with regard to a party who fails to attend or complete a course ordered by the court under this section, including holding the party in contempt of court, striking pleadings, or invoking any sanction provided by Rule 215, Texas Rules of Civil Procedure. The failure or refusal by a party to attend or complete a course required by this section may not delay the court from rendering a judgment in a suit affecting the parent-child relationship.”

Bali Hai

I don’t know why you chose the plural pronoun “we” as in “how do we move forward”.

But YOU can certainly "move forward" by asking the court to hold this ass in contempt and to impose the sanctions allowed under Subsection (g) of Section 105.009 “Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course”/U] as allowed by the Texas Family Code. *

Also you will note in reading that Subsection that the refusal of a spouse to comply with such orders “may not delay the court from rendering a judgment in a suit affecting the parent-child relationship”.

Apparently this jerk is mindless of how his recalcitrance will serve only to jeopardize whatever positive relief he is expecting to receive from the court.

If you are acting pro se, which it seems, then you must recognize your shortcomings as well. Including the wherewithal in knowing how to “move forward” with the case.

You really ought to be represented by counsel.

Good luck

[*] “(g) The court may take appropriate action with regard to a party who fails to attend or complete a course ordered by the court under this section, including holding the party in contempt of court, striking pleadings, or invoking any sanction provided by Rule 215, Texas Rules of Civil Procedure. The failure or refusal by a party to attend or complete a course required by this section may not delay the court from rendering a judgment in a suit affecting the parent-child relationship.”

See above bolded. I have been banned for far less than this.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
See above bolded. I have been banned for far less than this.
You have NOT been banned. If you had been, you wouldn't be able to post, Bali. What you HAVE gotten is a time-out, as many of us have on occasion. Get over it already.

Bali Hai

You have NOT been banned. If you had been, you wouldn't be able to post, Bali. What you HAVE gotten is a time-out, as many of us have on occasion. Get over it already.
The message I got says BANNED! I was not able to post until the BAN was lifted.

Thank you for trying to make me a better person stealth.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">