• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will he go to prison for bigamy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lynnlynn

Of course I blame the both of them for this stupid mistake. I am just trying to understand this issue better and find out what can be done ro resolve this issue since i am dealing with 2 people who already made a stupid decision in the past and i need to protect myself and my kids. I am just in shocked about this whole situation. And she wants to get married over there and she can't and is pressuring him to do something about it here but she doesnt realize this is a bigger issue than she realizes because 16 years later there is another wife and 2 kids and there are legal issues and people can face crimal charges.

Lynnlynn

I am on here for advice from people who have been through a similar situation or have worked with a similar case and to seek guidance as to how these kinds of issues can be addressed legally. Judge all you want. No one is perfect and people make mistakes all the time. Now we need to solve the problem. Any advice or suggestions are welcome. Please move on to another forum or post if you plan on making mean and rude comments. I am already dealing with alot here and no one can understand until you walk in my shoes. I appreciate everyone who has provided me with suggestions and guidance.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I am not telling her to state otherwise but for 15 years if someone couldn't locate a person, then they should have used that route so they could have moved on with their life long ago. Of course now she found him so she cant just say she never found him.
And how do you know they weren't in contact? Seriously - is your husband THAT stupid of a person that he didn't know he was married? As I posted earlier - he's shining you on.

Bali Hai

And how do you know they weren't in contact? Seriously - is your husband THAT stupid of a person that he didn't know he was married? As I posted earlier - he's shining you on.
stealth, I am asking a serious question here. And you know I respect you. What does "he's shining you on" mean? I'm thinking that it means a car salesperson shines a car to try and sell it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
stealth, I am asking a serious question here. And you know I respect you. What does "he's shining you on" mean? I'm thinking that it means a car salesperson shines a car to try and sell it.
He's telling her what she wants to hear, not necessarily the truth. So yeah, like the car thing - he's putting a pretty shine on his story, hoping OP will buy it. Which she apparently is. :rolleyes:

Lynnlynn

Its not like we got martied first and he cheated and married someone else while we were married. He married someone in 2000 and left the philippines to come back to america and they hoth never reached out to find each other or keep in touch. We married in 2009. For the past 6 years being with him there has been no signs of him talking to this lady. phone bills and internet emails and chats do not have anything leading to this lady. Dont you all think that if they have been in communication then there would be some kind of emotional tie and she would be asking for assests and citizenship and etc??? She is not asking for anything. She already apologized and said she wants nothing and doesnt want to cause trouble and only wants to get a divorce or annulment so she can move on with her life and get married and have kids.

Lynnlynn

I dont need to ask this man to explain himself to me. He did this before we were married and not after we married. And the lady is not questioning why he married someone else and left her because she probably knows there was no love between them. I cant tell you all why they did what they did because i too do not know and just know that they did not think it through. Like i said before i need to here solutions to the problem and not criticism. This place should not be called free advice then if people come to complain, place blame or talk sh!t. If the was a perfect world of no lies and deceptions then lawyers would not be needed.

Silverplum

I dont need to ask this man to explain himself to me. He did this before we were married and not after we married. And the lady is not questioning why he married someone else and left her because she probably knows there was no love between them. I cant tell you all why they did what they did because i too do not know and just know that they did not think it through. Like i said before i need to here solutions to the problem and not criticism. This place should not be called free advice then if people come to complain, place blame or talk sh!t. If the was a perfect world of no lies and deceptions then lawyers would not be needed.
Really. You're on a legal site. The legal suggestions have already happened.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Its not like we got martied first and he cheated and married someone else while we were married.
Nope, he didn't cheat on you - he cheated on HER, with you.

Of course, he hopefully has plenty of cash for the (legal) annulment - which will need to be done in the Philippines, I believe. I gather it is an expensive and protracted process. Perhaps he should speak with an attorney. There.

p.s. I have some oceanfront property in Arizona. Interested?

LdiJ

Again, he does not need to participate in the annulment process in the Philippines. All he needs to do is divorce the Fililpina wife in the US which she would then use as her basis for an annulment in the Philippines.

Bali Hai

Again, he does not need to participate in the annulment process in the Philippines. All he needs to do is divorce the Fililpina wife in the US which she would then use as her basis for an annulment in the Philippines.
I don't think some people want hear that because they want to see him in prison in the Philippines for this dastardly deed.

LdiJ

I don't think some people want hear that because they want to see him in prison in the Philippines for this dastardly deed.
I do not feel the same way. He was 20 and signed a bunch of papers at the police station that his mother told him to sign. I can believe that he did not realize that he was really getting married.

Silverplum

I do not feel the same way. He was 20 and signed a bunch of papers at the police station that his mother told him to sign. I can believe that he did not realize that he was really getting married.
It's one of the dumbest stories ever. I don't believe it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">