• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I leave with nothing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rwill1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

Okay so my name is Rachel and my husband and I are having irreconcilable differences. My son is legally his as of June of last year. He adopted him and I am trying to figure out if I will leave with nothing. The house and basically everything is in his name. We also have seperate bank accounts. I have written him a check for about a year and a half each week for bills of course they are paid to the order of him though and I am not sure if that counts. anyways will I get nothing?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

Okay so my name is Rachel and my husband and I are having irreconcilable differences. My son is legally his as of June of last year. He adopted him and I am trying to figure out if I will leave with nothing. The house and basically everything is in his name. We also have seperate bank accounts. I have written him a check for about a year and a half each week for bills of course they are paid to the order of him though and I am not sure if that counts. anyways will I get nothing?
You will be entitled to 1/2 of the marital assets that accrued during the marriage, and responsible for 1/2 of the marital debt. Even though everything is in his name, the accrued equity that was gained during the marriage is marital property.

Get yourself a good attorney.

Many people should take your case to heart. You should not have a new spouse adopting your child(ren) unless you are 100% certain that your marriage is long term and stable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">