• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I Lose the House TOO!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

srleger

What is the name of your state? Texas
I was divorced in 1996 after a 17 yr. marriage. My ex hung it to me then and he's come back for more.
In the divorce decree I have half ownership of the house (which he lives in), land and buildings on that land until my son reaches the age of 18 or is out of school when it is sold and amount divided and I have to approve the selling price. I found out that this past Friday the ex sold house, land, etc. to my sister and brother in law, which are the pastor of a church and they purchased the house in the churches name to avoid taxes. All of this was done with my being completely in the dark and what little I have learned have been from reliable releatives that I trust to tell me the truth.
What can I do? Everything that we ever owned had always been in his name only, and I was told in confidence that they found a way to bypass the divorce document and not have to share anything with me.

S

srleger

Well, I've had too many speedbumps and not enough highway with this EX>

HomeGuru

srleger said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
I was divorced in 1996 after a 17 yr. marriage. My ex hung it to me then and he's come back for more.
In the divorce decree I have half ownership of the house (which he lives in), land and buildings on that land until my son reaches the age of 18 or is out of school when it is sold and amount divided and I have to approve the selling price. I found out that this past Friday the ex sold house, land, etc. to my sister and brother in law, which are the pastor of a church and they purchased the house in the churches name to avoid taxes. All of this was done with my being completely in the dark and what little I have learned have been from reliable releatives that I trust to tell me the truth.
What can I do? Everything that we ever owned had always been in his name only, and I was told in confidence that they found a way to bypass the divorce document and not have to share anything with me.
**A: you need to hire an attorney to review the divorce papers and do a title search on the property. Then proceed from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">