• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I be required to pay legal fees in a divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nkhbef

Wisconsin
I am the petitioner and my wife does not want the divorce, even though I have not lived with her in going on three years. I do some side work, cash jobs. She knows I like to buy and sell stuff, can she hold things up trying to make my income look greater? I have been doing cash deals all my life, pretty hard for her to prove, only thing I can think she may do is print out all the things I have had listed on CL or try to get PI involved. I can see her trying to stir up things, just to stall. If she can't prove anything though I don't know where it will get her. If she won't settle and avoid court, it could get sticky. To what extent will a judge listen to her squawk, before he says sorry this is what it is and you need to pay your own fee's if you want to drag this out?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

Whether you have to pay fees depends on a large number of things - not simply your income.

As for your income, you will be reporting your income under oath. Do not lie.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">