• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will a lawyer answer this, please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Donna7

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma
after my first divorce in 1989 , i left oklahoma with someone whos six month waiting period was not over yet and went to texas and got married two months later. But in my divorce, the judge waived the six month waiting period. so i believed i could get married right away. can a judge in this state do that? anyway,
we seperated, and i came back to oklahoma in 1992. I talked to a lawyer about this and had reason to believe that the marriage was not legal, because i didn't wait the six months, so, going on with my life, i married in 1996, and divorced, then married again in 1998. I was told by two lawyers this year, that i have been married to the guy in texas this whole time, and that the marriage i am presently in is either a void marriage, or voidable. So, after i get a divorce from the guy in texas, {who by the way, is currently remarried and never divorced from me} what do i do? the man i married in 1998 and i have to get remarried, but do we have any recourse besides waiting for six months to remarry? can a judge waive this, can you appeal this, or can you marry out of state and then come back, because a lawyer told me that certain ammendments to the statutes suggested that you could do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">