• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will somebody please help me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tibet4him

My husband of 15 years wants a divorce. We have 3 children-a 7 year old, a 2 year old and I am 6 months pregnant with our 3rd child. I am 100% financially dependent on him and have been for almost the entire marriage. We have been in christian ministry for years. I don't want a divorce. I am devestated and shocked. I was absolutely not expecting this. He wants out. He doesn't"have feelings for me anymore." He also wanted this 3rd child. I am totally sick and can't eat. My insides are churning, I don't know what to do, do I have any legal rights? I thought we would be married forever. My grandparents gave us a lot of money for a down payment for a house in Vacaville less than two years ago. If he divorces me I want move to Santa Rosa where my mom is because I have no emotional support here. We just moved here. Can I get the down payment back? The checks were written in my name. What are his obligations? Can he leave me totally penniless, how can I support my family? He is a pastor and a carpenter. He is asking me to give up the church I helped start. he says he will take one of the kids. I don't want to split up the children. the two girls are close, I want to nurse my baby for a year. Can you help? He doesn't have steady income right now and we barely make it as it is. We live in a nice neighborhood. My daughter goes to christian school(paid by my grandmother) and I stay home with the 2 year old and help with the church. Also now I am pregnant with our son. My husband really wanted and third child and especially a boy. and now he wants to bail. What are my rights, how can I survive? Any advice or help would be appreciated. I don't even know how to get a good lawyer, we can barely pay our bills as it is. His income is very low but he could get his contractor's license and make money eventually.What are my right's. Do I get the down back for the house. I he obligated to fully support me since I won't be able to work for a while. I need to go back to school to get a good enough paying job to support the family. What is the name of your state? California

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">