• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will spouse's dishonesty work to my advantage?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gotalife

O.K. I got no response to my last posting. Maybe it was too long, maybe the answer was too obvious. ( I did read the other postings to see if I could find an answer there, with no success. And I guess I really know the answer.)

However, I would be interested to know how my husbands financial indescretions will affect a divorce. Do you think I am right in assuming that, because he has collected unemployment for a year while working fulltime, he will be hesitant to dispute any arrangement I present him with?

LegalBeagle

Gotalife said:
O.K. I got no response to my last posting. Maybe it was too long, maybe the answer was too obvious. ( I did read the other postings to see if I could find an answer there, with no success. And I guess I really know the answer.)

However, I would be interested to know how my husbands financial indescretions will affect a divorce. Do you think I am right in assuming that, because he has collected unemployment for a year while working fulltime, he will be hesitant to dispute any arrangement I present him with?
If you have evidence of this.. then you can certainly use it to your advantage.. but beware of going too far and being arrested for blackmail :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">