• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

withdrawing divorce action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JERI T

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Can I withdraw my petition for divorce, which has been pending for over a year, 2 months before the trial date? I do not have the money for my attorney to go to trial, and cannot do so without representation. Can by husband or the court rejoct my application to do so?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Can I withdraw my petition for divorce, which has been pending for over a year, 2 months before the trial date? I do not have the money for my attorney to go to trial, and cannot do so without representation. Can by husband or the court rejoct my application to do so?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Has your husband filed any counter motions? You might be able to dismiss your original petition, but that's not necessarily a guarantee that it would also dismiss any counter motions by your husband.

You also have two months to study the rules and proceedures to represent yourself, which might be the better solution.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">