• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wont sign consent judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

julia0417

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I gave my husband a copy of the consent judgment that i drafted. He said that he will not sign it. What is the next step if he will not sign the papers ?

Also, is there any way that i can have it stated in our paperwork that our child wont be allowed at his house if it is not cleaned properly ?? He is very discusting in the way that he lives and it is unsanitary for our child.

thank you
Julia

nextwife

julia0417 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

I gave my husband a copy of the consent judgment that i drafted. He said that he will not sign it. What is the next step if he will not sign the papers ?
Have you discussed why? Are there matters that he has not agreed about?

julia0417 said:
Also, is there any way that i can have it stated in our paperwork that our child wont be allowed at his house if it is not cleaned properly ?? He is very discusting in the way that he lives and it is unsanitary for our child.
How do you intend to enforce such a provision? Do a white glove inspection prior to each visitation? All you can do is suggest helping him line up a reasonably priced cleaning person to come in every week or every other week.

J

julia0417

nextwife said:
Have you discussed why? Are there matters that he has not agreed about?

How do you intend to enforce such a provision? Do a white glove inspection prior to each visitation? All you can do is suggest helping him line up a reasonably priced cleaning person to come in every week or every other week.
Yes i have discussed with him why and we cannot agree. I am not familiar with the process of divorce and was just wondering what happends next if we cant agree.

I wasnt sure that is why i asked. If you saw his apartment you would probably throw up !!! there is garbage everywhere and old food on the floor and the tub and sink are black since he is a mechanic. The bed my son sleeps in has sheets on it that have not been cleaned in i dont know how long and there are stans from where he has peed the bed or spilt juice. I just waned to know if i legally have to let my son go there.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If he won't sign, then a judge will decide what the custody/visitation arrangement will be. As for the cleanliness issue - it's unlikely that you would get to make the call on whether his place is up to your standards. If you feel it is dangerously filthy, you could always call CPS. But be aware that they are very leery of getting involved when it's a divorce/custody situation as so many times they're called out of spite.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">