• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

won't sign papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roue

State is Missouri.

In april my friend was very confused about whether or not to go through with her marriage. she had been with the guy for a long time but found love elsewhere. Upon her going through hardships to work out leaving her long term love and moving on with her new love, she ended up breaking it off. In the midst of things this was happening as her wedding day approached and she ended up getting married as she thought she had ruined it with the person she really wanted to be with. Needless to say soon after she got married she realized she had screwed up and filed for an annulment. The annulment process has been going on for 9 months now and the husband is showing no signs of signing the papers. There are no kids involved and everything has been settled, just that he will no sign the papers. I was wondering if there is anything that she can do without him signing and it being a no fault. Just unhappy marriage and irreconsilable differences. She also had a lawyer working on this for 9 months and the fees have totaled to almost $20,000, which to me was outrageous. Please give any advice, she needs help as she really wants to move on with her life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">