• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wording on divorce decree in state of Maryland

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kittyv

Maryland. question I want to know what this wording means (and it is further)is the sentence below. Can you explain this to me.
Thank you!

ordered, the plaintiff shall maintain his current life insurance with the defendant as the sole beneficiary, or a similar policy, so long as it is available to him through his employer at a reasonable cost, for so long as the Plaintiff has is obligated to pay defendant alimony; and it is further

any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

Proserpina

Maryland. question I want to know what this wording means (and it is further)is the sentence below. Can you explain this to me.
Thank you!

ordered, the plaintiff shall maintain his current life insurance with the defendant as the sole beneficiary, or a similar policy, so long as it is available to him through his employer at a reasonable cost, for so long as the Plaintiff has is obligated to pay defendant alimony; and it is further

any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. thank you!
You missed a bit.

We need that bit.

It's the underlined part which needs to include the bit you missed...

single317dad

Yeah, so far it says "As long as you owe her alimony, you have to keep you current life insurance policy active, and the beneficiary must continue to be your ex-wife, unless the policy is no longer available or the cost becomes unreasonable (a highly subjective term which will probably land you back in court if you carry out whatever plan you've come here to hatch). Oh, and one other thing..."

When you return with further questions, please inform us how long you've been paying alimony, how long you were originally ordered to pay alimony, and on what grounds you desire to terminate or modify your life insurance policy.

Bali Hai

You missed a bit.

We need that bit.

It's the underlined part which needs to include the bit you missed...
Just a guess:

And it is further ordered that the ex-wife will legally or otherwise, harass this individual for the rest of his natural life and beyond if possible, because that's just the way it works.

Proserpina

Just a guess:

And it is further ordered that the ex-wife will legally or otherwise, harass this individual for the rest of his natural life and beyond if possible, because that's just the way it works.
Make sure you're sitting down. Y'see, I never harassed my Crazy Ex. Ever. For anything (though he did once receive a rather pointed instruction from my attorney to stop his girlfriend from publicly accusing me of murder and infanticide)

And yet I had a legal reason for doing so for exactly that and feasibly, for the rest of his life, even though it was a (relatively) short marriage.

Those gosh darn immigration sponsorship requirements! Coulda got him, and got him good. Instead, I chose not to enforce those sneaky little obligations.

You can now mail me a new halo.

(For some reason I keep tripping over the darned things)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">