• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wording in divorce papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adk

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? indiana
my soon to be ex has written up our papers by herself, we are agreeing to everything and dont want to spend the money on the lawyers. my question is since she is keeping the house, what do i need to have written in the final papers to protect myself in the future against her taking me down with the ship if she runs into financial troubles. we have agreed to give her until the end of 2005 to refinance the house to get my name off of the mortgage. but i dont want to be responsible financially for the house if something goes wrong or at least have some say so in what we can do with the house as far as selling it. just wanting to cover my butt. is there any samples of papers that we can get to make sure that the wording is right for the judge. she only has a two sentence line in the papers saying that if she cant refinance the house by the end of the year that she will have to sell it and i am not comfortable with such a generic statement on a court document. thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">