• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

worried about future

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shockedwife

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?

Netherlands

I recently found out that my husband is having an online affair for 6 months and last month went to spend time with the other woman in the US. They didn't have intercourse but did other sexual acts.
Now my husband is sleeping in another room and won't have anything to do with me, is planning on legally separating from me when we move back to the US is the summer (to Arizona). My questions are as follows: what are my legal rights to getting financial support for our 3 kids and spousal support as long as we are separated? Does him being adulterous have any impact on a decision for how much support I receive in Arizona? Can he continue to maintain a romance with another woman while living with me? He wants to go see her again in May.Thank you for any responses.

LdiJ

shockedwife said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?

Netherlands

I recently found out that my husband is having an online affair for 6 months and last month went to spend time with the other woman in the US. They didn't have intercourse but did other sexual acts.
Now my husband is sleeping in another room and won't have anything to do with me, is planning on legally separating from me when we move back to the US is the summer (to Arizona). My questions are as follows: what are my legal rights to getting financial support for our 3 kids and spousal support as long as we are separated? Does him being adulterous have any impact on a decision for how much support I receive in Arizona? Can he continue to maintain a romance with another woman while living with me? He wants to go see her again in May.Thank you for any responses.
Are you a native of the Netherlands? If so, you may want to think very carefully before you decide that you and the children are going to accompany him back to the US. If you do, and you find it difficult to support yourself and the children it will be difficult for you to move back to the Netherlands with them.

You can certainly get child support for your children. Spousal support is less likely. However actually collecting the child support can be difficult. So its wise to have a plan in place to support you and the children without it.....at least for the basic necessities.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">