• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it worth the embarrassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ky210

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
I had talked to an attorney during our divorce decree about recourse on the person my wife left me for. He stated there would have to be hard facts the guy was the one to split us up. Naturally, the only thing my ex would tell me is "we are just friends". Well last Saturday, he told his wife he was leaving her, and had been having an affair for over a year with my wife. That falls into the time frame we where married.
Can anyone tell me other than her testimony...what I might need to sue him?
Thank You
ky210

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You would need to prove that he is the ONLY reason your marriage failed. YOu can expect that his attorney would put you (and possibly your wife) and pretty well pull your entire life under a magnifying glass. From how often you use the toilet, how often (and were & how) you and your wife had sex, any less than flattering habits you have, and on. Do you really want to bring all that out in public? On top of that, it's going to cost you a sh*tload of money. Fact is - your wife betrayed your marriage vows. She's the one you should be angry at.

BelizeBreeze

Even if you could prove adultry, all you would be doing is embarrassing yourself. Kentucky is a no-fault state and fault divorces are not permitted.

Be happy to be rid of the cheating bitch.

LdiJ

BelizeBreeze said:
Even if you could prove adultry, all you would be doing is embarrassing yourself. Kentucky is a no-fault state and fault divorces are not permitted.

Be happy to be rid of the cheating bitch.
He isn't talking about the divorce. He is talking about a separate suit for damages...which Kentucky does permit. However I agree with Stealth's response. It isn't worth it.

BelizeBreeze

Yes, kentucky does permit such a suit. But then, since there is no-fault, explain just how you would advise this poster to substantiate a cause of action? There is none.

BelizeBreeze

And before you come back with the Alienation of Affection crap, just know that Kentucky has judicially (i.e. by court ruling) abolished alienation of affection:

LdiJ

BelizeBreeze said:
Yes, kentucky does permit such a suit. But then, since there is no-fault, explain just how you would advise this poster to substantiate a cause of action? There is none.
I honestly don't know...I just know that it has been done in KY, and recently.
I believe that the case I know about in KY had to do primarily with the economic damages caused by the breakup of the marriage.

ky210

Thank You all for the responses,
The attorney said it would be hard without a "smoking gun" to prove he was the sole reason for the divorce. I was just hoping her testimony would be enough. Sounds like I would be the one put on trail, and not him. I did neglect her...I will admit that, but the attention was going toward our daughter...not another women!
By the way, I'm still pissed at the cheating B**** Stealth2. It's just the only way to get back at both of them for screwing up my life...along with my daughters.
ky210
This forum has enlighten me on how men are second rate in courts, and society. I'm sure this statement will stir a few emotions with the female gender, but then again...most already know this.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
ky210 said:
This forum has enlighten me on how men are second rate in courts, and society. I'm sure this statement will stir a few emotions with the female gender, but then again...most already know this.
And that's also bullsh*t. The guy's wife would have no more success than you would. :rolleyes:

BelizeBreeze

ky210 said:
Thank You all for the responses,
The attorney said it would be hard without a "smoking gun" to prove he was the sole reason for the divorce. I was just hoping her testimony would be enough. Sounds like I would be the one put on trail, and not him. I did neglect her...I will admit that, but the attention was going toward our daughter...not another women!
By the way, I'm still pissed at the cheating B**** Stealth2. It's just the only way to get back at both of them for screwing up my life...along with my daughters.
ky210
Quit your whinning. Geeez, are you a whimp or just a momma's boy?

The best revenge is living well. Let him have the skank. And you go out and find a woman with Big boobs, a tight ass and a face that would stop traffic.

THAT, bubba, is the BEST revenge :D:D:D

ky210

Good swift kick in the nuts!
That's what I lov about you BelizeBreeze...stright to the f-ing point!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">