• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Would be grateful for any advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wink

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hi

I any looking for advice on the following situation please.

My partner is a turkish citizen. He married an English woman in 2004 in Turkey and they had a child in 2005 in Turkey. After they were married they lived in Turkey for 14 months and moved to England where they separated two weeks later. She asked him for a divorce and he agreed and he continued to live in the UK for a while then moved back to Turkey to serve his national service in the army.

We have been together for just over a year now and we want to get married ourselves but we cant as there has been nothing done about the divorce.

For the past few months we have been emailing her and contacting her mother to find out what is happening with the divorce.

She has now said that she needs £300 to pay her solicitor so that divorce papers can be sent out. She has asked my partner to pay the £300.

I know that she does not work and she claims benefits, does this mean she still has to pay for the divorce?

My partner has no income as he is in the army.

We are going to try and borrow money to pay her.

Can you tell me what our rights are or his rights?

They have not lived together as man and wife for nearly 4 years.

Also she doesnt allow him to see his child and the child thinks his father is a different man but thats a different story.

I would be very grateful for any advice that you can give me.

Thanks so much :eek:

LdiJ

I am sorry but this forum is for US law only. We have little knowledge of the laws of other countries.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">