• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Written response to Original Petition for Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mark787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I have a friend who received an Original Petition for Divorce filed by her husband. Prior to his filing the divorce, they both made certain verbal agreements between each other regarding child custody, visitation, and child support. However, the documents she received specify none of these agreements other than both parents having joint custody. She is now required to give a written response to the clerk within 20 days. She does want the divorce to proceed, but does not want to potentially waive the verbal custody, visitation, and financial agreements she and her husband have made. How should she respond to the petition?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I have a friend who received an Original Petition for Divorce filed by her husband. Prior to his filing the divorce, they both made certain verbal agreements between each other regarding child custody, visitation, and child support. However, the documents she received specify none of these agreements other than both parents having joint custody. She is now required to give a written response to the clerk within 20 days. She does want the divorce to proceed, but does not want to potentially waive the verbal custody, visitation, and financial agreements she and her husband have made. How should she respond to the petition?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Have your friend sign up and ask his own questions. 3rd parties never have ALL the necessary pertinent details.

I'll tell you this much: verbal agreements are, legally, worth exactly the amount of the paper upon which they are (not) written.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">