• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

10 year old child harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tz0n3g

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

There is a currently a case pending against my neighbor regarding an assault charge against an adult. The instigation of this case came when the defendent verbally threatened my child and my child was defended by his grandfather. When confronted about the situation, the defendent shoved my grandfather to the ground. To shorten the story, there is a charge of Assault with intent to cause bodily harm pending against the defendent, however the charges against my child were dropped. This evening when I arrived home, my grandfather informed me that the defendent was taunting my child. I live in Michigan, and I've already called the non-emergency police and am awaiting a callback from them. I'm 100% furious, can someone provide me some feedback as to what my options are to get this man to stop threatening my 10 year old child?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

There is a currently a case pending against my neighbor regarding an assault charge against an adult. The instigation of this case came when the defendent verbally threatened my child and my child was defended by his grandfather. When confronted about the situation, the defendent shoved my grandfather to the ground. To shorten the story, there is a charge of Assault with intent to cause bodily harm pending against the defendent, however the charges against my child were dropped. This evening when I arrived home, my grandfather informed me that the defendent was taunting my child. I live in Michigan, and I've already called the non-emergency police and am awaiting a callback from them. I'm 100% furious, can someone provide me some feedback as to what my options are to get this man to stop threatening my 10 year old child?
File for a protective order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">