• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17, pregnant, and verbally abused. help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anna9911

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? West Virginia
i am 17, will be 18 in october, i am almost 14 weeks pregnant and i want to leave home because my parents always put me down and make me cry. my boyfriend who is the father of the baby is very supportive and is taking classes to become a coal miner. but all my parents ever do is say he is scumb and i need to leave him because he is a no good father. i dont know what to do because i have other places to go but i dont know if i can leave legally. my mother has also been physically abusive to me in the past and during the beginning of my pregnancy. this stress is not good for me or my child and i need help!

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? West Virginia
i am 17, will be 18 in october, i am almost 14 weeks pregnant and i want to leave home because my parents always put me down and make me cry. my boyfriend who is the father of the baby is very supportive and is taking classes to become a coal miner. but all my parents ever do is say he is scumb and i need to leave him because he is a no good father. i dont know what to do because i have other places to go but i dont know if i can leave legally. my mother has also been physically abusive to me in the past and during the beginning of my pregnancy. this stress is not good for me or my child and i need help!

You can leave when your parent/s give you permission, or when you turn 18.

Not a moment before.

If you are genuinely being abused, you can contact CPS and/or call 911.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The very minute you are 18, you can walk out the door and never come back.

Until then, however, you stay right where you are unless you have your parents' permission to leave. Contrary to what far too many teenagers believe, being pregnant does not emancipate you - in fact, it shows that you are in need of more supervision, not less. You are under your parents care and control until you are no longer a minor, and you live where they say you live.

Even if they put you down. Even if they make you cry. Even if you are pregnant. Even if they say nasty things about the guy who impregnanted you. Even if.

MichaCA

As already said, if mom physically pushes you around, call 911.
From a parental point of view, focus as much as you can on what peace you do have at home. Stay in your room, make it nice, take walks, get a meditation book and start meditating. Ignore your moms comments. Talk with bf about future plans together so you can focus on the future as well. Its just good to be peaceful right now if you can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">