• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

6 year old Nephew accused 15 year old cousins son of molesting him.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jlea81holm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota
My 6 year old nephew just accused my cousins 15 year old son of molesting him two months ago. But from the details that my sister-in-law has gotten out of my nephew, she says it has to have happened more than once and from those details, he would not know any of the stuff he talks about unless it has really happened.
My brother talked to my cousin yesterday and told her that my nephew is accusing her son of molesting him. She was very open and didn't get mad but her son will most likely deny that anything happened and I can't just sit around and not do anything more. Something needs to be done. The truth needs to come out.
How do we go about doing this?
Thanks.
Jessie

Nativity

The parents of the 6 year old need to either contact CPS before they close or contact the police right away before too many people talk to this small child.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It sounds like something IS being done. Honestly, I don't think this is your business.
However, if you feel so strongly, contact Child Protective Services (whatever name it goes by in your area).

Amiya

sexual abuse

:eek:I t is everybodys business when it comes to a child being abused,whether it be physical,emotional,mental or sexual abuse!!!!!!! Maybe if people started putting their noses into it,the threats and risks of child sexual abuse might lessen!!! Its just my opinion!!! Thank-You!

Isis1

and the welfare of the child? do you think it is a child's best interest that EVERYONE knows how she/he has been traumatized? the only people that NEED to know, is the parents, the doctors, the police officer making the report the social worker who is handling the case and maybe the judge if the issue gets far enough. not even a mandated reporter like a teacher needs to KNOW. all they should be doing is suspecting and reporting. if you suspect something, report it. after that, it IS none of your business. anything beyond that is just nosiness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">