• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abused by wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Philly9701

Hello all. I hope this is in the right forum but I need help.
I currently live in ny and have been married for 4 years. During that time my wife has hit me about 7-8 times. Which included breaking my glasses and cell phones. One time I had a mark on me and had to lie to parents. But I never called police or anything due to machismo attitude. However during marriage counseling she did admit to counselor that she gas hit me. Well now we may be headed for divorce and I my wife is claiming I emotionally abused her. Though I never prevents her from going anywhere. Didn't listen to phone convo and didn't go through email or mail. Never physically threatened her. But I am afraid she will use this to limit visitation with my daughter. She currently left house and won't return call and won't tell me where her and kids are ( I am going to court tomorrow). My roundabout question is if we do go to court can counselor be a witness thy she abused me. Or is patient rights on okay.
Thank you for advice in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">