• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abusive Neighbor in Bay Area California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badnaam1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My neighbor with who i share a common fence in the back (and no fence in the front..so he has open access to my property) has been known in the neighborhood as a person with violent temper and loud vulgar outbursts at everyone from other neighbors to the telephone company guy.

He has also been intimidating to me in the past on several occasion when I have bought up issues with fence repair (which he does not want to do) or his sprinklers across the fence flooding my property causing water damage.

Yesterday, he accused me of running my car over his sprinkler system in the front yard (which I most certainly did not do). I told him I didn't do it and I also asked him to be mindful about where the sprinkler sprays, because it was spraying my car which is typically parked in the driveway.

He completely lost it and tried to pull me by the arms from my porch and used vulgar abusive language as well as racial slurs about my ethnicity. I asked him to get out of my property but he would not leave and he kept charging at me...even though his wife and a couple of other neighbors were trying to diffuse him. My girl friend came outside and he abused her as well when I asked her to call the police.

The police came and he ran inside his home, locked it, turned the lights off. He has been arrested before (threatening a city official, an undercover cop and also another neighbor). The police know about his and his record and they told me they fully understand his MO but they can't do anything about it unless I have a video . They asked me to get a restraining order, which I am trying to file. But before I file this,

#1 I want to understand the repercussions of this (in case he counter files something similar and for whatever reason gets it granted and spoils my otherwise clean record)

#2 Aside from honestly describing the abuse, the physical intimidation and the constant disturbance of peace, what other advise do you have about how I should file the forms for restraining order.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">