• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alleged child abuse in school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

conc_parent

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

DYFS received an anonymous complaint regarding abuse in school against my autistic son. I was told by the investigator that as soon as the investigation is completed I will hear from them. It's been about 1month and I heard nothing so I called, and was told it will take up to 90 days for the investigation to be completed, and they cannot give me any advice as to what to do with my child.

For now I spoke to the principal of the school and my son is in the same classroom with an additional teacher until I hear from DYFS.

What can I do in the interim to ensure the safety of my son...who does not communicate very well.

I trust the teacher, but I am concerned in case something did happen.
Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

Consider that the complaint was anonymous.

Consider that your son has been placed in a classroom with an additional teacher.

There's nothing else that can be done unless you want to hire private security for your son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">