• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appeal advice/ feedback needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Irritated11

St Louis MO

I am a father of an 18 year old daughter who lived with her mother out of state for most of her life. Two years ago I found out my daughter was sexually abused by her step-father at the age of five. Her mother knew, there was a police report, but I was never informed. I learned of the abuse after I had to take my daughter to therapy during her summer visit because she was self harming and abusing drugs. In addition to the sexual abuse, her mother is a drunk, had affairs with various men during her marriage and took my daughter to their homes, and emotionally abused her. She had three more children with the abuser and my*daughter was used as a free sitter - *'Home Schooled'* without my knowledge or consent. She refused to take my daughter to therapy or make her take medicine. My daughter was diagnosed with PTSD from the abuse and still has sever emotional issues as well as a drug problem now.

I sued for full custody and lost!!!! Not only did I lose, I have to pay the mothers legal fee's. My daughter lives with me now and today I received a notice that the mother wants child support. She has since moved out of State and my daughter is in college, which I am paying for. How is this right?

Obviously*I need to appeal. The kicker is I am 30k in legal fee's and am tapped out at this point. Does anyone know of a lawyer willing to fight for Father's Rights pro bono? Any advice*is greatly appreciated.

LdiJ

St Louis MO

I am a father of an 18 year old daughter who lived with her mother out of state for most of her life. Two years ago I found out my daughter was sexually abused by her step-father at the age of five. Her mother knew, there was a police report, but I was never informed. I learned of the abuse after I had to take my daughter to therapy during her summer visit because she was self harming and abusing drugs. In addition to the sexual abuse, her mother is a drunk, had affairs with various men during her marriage and took my daughter to their homes, and emotionally abused her. She had three more children with the abuser and my*daughter was used as a free sitter - *'Home Schooled'* without my knowledge or consent. She refused to take my daughter to therapy or make her take medicine. My daughter was diagnosed with PTSD from the abuse and still has sever emotional issues as well as a drug problem now.

I sued for full custody and lost!!!! Not only did I lose, I have to pay the mothers legal fee's. My daughter lives with me now and today I received a notice that the mother wants child support. She has since moved out of State and my daughter is in college, which I am paying for. How is this right?

Obviously*I need to appeal. The kicker is I am 30k in legal fee's and am tapped out at this point. Does anyone know of a lawyer willing to fight for Father's Rights pro bono? Any advice*is greatly appreciated.
Can you please clarify what you mean by "a notice that the mother wants child support". That could be anything.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
St Louis MO

What exactly are you trying to appeal?

In order to appeal there must be an error of law - where is the error?

How was it that you were unaware of all of this going on?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
St Louis MO

1) You can't appeal a request for child support. You can only appeal an order on legal grounds.
2) Do you work pro bono?
3) Father's Rights?
4) How did you not know your child was being home schooled? How often did you see your daughter and how involved were you?
5) When did you sue for full custody and lose?
6) How long has your daughter lived with you?
7) When did she turn 18?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">