• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested with Security Clearance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Monty33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

My 18 yr. old son and I had a quick scuffle. I'm trying to get info from him on another police incident he had, he was rude and abusive to me and my wife. I tell him to sit down, he pushes me , I push him, gets heated for about 10 seconds, he ends up getting slapped in the face. He leaves the house.
The police call from the previous incident he was in the night before, my wife tells the cop that the kid and I had an "altercation" and the kid left. The Cop from a neighboring town, calls my town to investigate a possible domestic violence issue. I had gone back to work, cops come to my house, my kid is back home now, they take him in, take a photo of him, his face is red from our issue. He thinks he is in trouble, says the issue was nothing, but they want to talk to me. I come home from work, tell my story, I protect the kid, tell them it was my fault, they arrest me.
My kid doesnt want me arrested, my wife saw the whole thing, she knows I did nothing wrong.
Only thing that scares me is my Security Clearance. I know I can lose it easily. Getting a lawyer ASAP.
Anyone have advice?
Luckily I live in a small town, have a good rep, I talked to friends at police, they gave me a little advice, apologized for having to follow the law.
I think I can get off easy, as I should. My son and I are very ok about it all. He is staying with a friend until the hearing in a couple weeks.

Thanks

futuredust

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

My 18 yr. old son and I had a quick scuffle. I'm trying to get info from him on another police incident he had, he was rude and abusive to me and my wife. I tell him to sit down, he pushes me , I push him, gets heated for about 10 seconds, he ends up getting slapped in the face. He leaves the house.
The police call from the previous incident he was in the night before, my wife tells the cop that the kid and I had an "altercation" and the kid left. The Cop from a neighboring town, calls my town to investigate a possible domestic violence issue. I had gone back to work, cops come to my house, my kid is back home now, they take him in, take a photo of him, his face is red from our issue. He thinks he is in trouble, says the issue was nothing, but they want to talk to me. I come home from work, tell my story, I protect the kid, tell them it was my fault, they arrest me.
My kid doesnt want me arrested, my wife saw the whole thing, she knows I did nothing wrong.
Only thing that scares me is my Security Clearance. I know I can lose it easily. Getting a lawyer ASAP.
Anyone have advice?
Luckily I live in a small town, have a good rep, I talked to friends at police, they gave me a little advice, apologized for having to follow the law.
I think I can get off easy, as I should. My son and I are very ok about it all. He is staying with a friend until the hearing in a couple weeks.

Thanks
Stop hitting people.

Monty33

you know it's sad enough that I'm reading this on Easter Sunday, but why would you be?
With a smart ass answer like that.
Get a life -

BTW, my son is happily sleeping upstairs. this was a non-issue.

cyjeff

you know it's sad enough that I'm reading this on Easter Sunday, but why would you be?
Get a life -

Actually, just finished church and am getting ready to go to my mom's house for brunch...

But, anyhoo...

I can't tell you if your security clearance will be yanked. It certainly could be. I would talk to your commanding officer soonest.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Get a life -

If you were arrested, it wasn't a "non-issue". However, I'd suggest you go pay for your advice.

futuredust

What is very interesting here is that after about "10 seconds" of heated argument; a grown man thought it -ok- to reach out and physically strike another person. Then attempts to gloss it over.

If your wife or even you were, lets say, at the gas station. And your wife/you got upset and then told the cashier s/he was an idiot, the cashier got mad and reached out and slapped your wife/you.. Would you consider it no big deal?

What if junior doesn't want pancakes this morning but mom makes them anyway, they have words and junior slaps mom in the face. Is this a big deal?

It's assault. Period

Children are not pieces of property that you are free to do with as you wish.

Regarding My life- I am getting ready to watch my five grand kids hunt Easter eggs, then we will have a nice dinner with the entire family. Since we all know how to act, I suspect I will not have to worry about who is going to be slapping who today.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">