• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault 4 (APA)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neogeo

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I had a situation that came up last Saturday. I went to a Christmas Party and got completly drunk and blacked out, I don't even remember what happend but I woke up in Jail.... I talked with my Fiancee and she told me that I was completely passed out and she tried to wake me, I didn't wake up so she then grabbed my leg and shooke me to wake me up. All of the sudden I guess I got up and started punching the air and her, I don't know why I still to this day cannot remember a thing, I would never want this to happen to her or our family but it did. So now she doesn't want to press charges because it was a fluke accident that will never happen again because I am currently enrolled in Anger Mangemnt and Alcohol treatment. I hope that being enrolled in those courses will show the judge that I am very sorry and do not want this to happen again.. I don't know what to do now, I posted bail and want my family back, She doesn't hate me and will help me as well because she knows I have never done something like this before and knows that I am a great father.. I just don't want to go to jail.. What are my chances of getting off? will I have to get a lawyer or a Public Defender? Please help I am not an abuser I just lost it because of alchol and didn't want any of this to happen, I love my family dearly....

Thanks for all of your help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">