• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault & Battery Case next Monday

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAGirl1982

What is the name of your state? Virginia

my BF and i got into a fight in late august. we both ended up pushign and shoving. so, it was both of us really fighting. i called the police because i wanted him to leave the house. when they finally got there, i did not want to press charges, just simply get him out (he left by then). the police said they had to file a report, etc.

court is this coming monday, i'm very nervous. he's being charged with assault and battery. i did not however tell the police at the time the report was taken that i fought him as well. i only told about what he had done to me. therefore, i dont believe this will be a fair trial. i told this to the commonwealth attorney already. she stated that all i can do is recommend the day of the trial, what i want to happen with him.

we are expecting a child and i dont want to see him in jail. i never did, even from the beginning. i just thought i could threaten him to leave with the police. i see where i'm wrong, but i didnt know that was the law.

so basically, is there anwyay, i can get them to dismiss the case or get a low sentence? i told the prosecutor that i will be no help to them, as i'm their witness, because i do not believe he's being charged fairly nor is the police report correct, because i had it read to me. plus i did not tell the side where i fought him.

what can i do..i'm very worried and i dont need the stress while pregnant!!!

VAGirl1982

no help

thanks for no hlelp

a man from the commonwealth attorney's office called and said something about a Deferred Finding, which sounds like a good deal

he said if both lawyers agree, then it wont go to trial

how is it possible for me to get the lawyers to agree...i know i'm going to talk to the commonwealth attorney, while he has a public defender....but what if they dont come across each other BEFORE the trial??

JETX

Hell, you can't even spell worth a crap.
And you don't know the definition of saracasm, either!! :D

JETX

VAGirl1982 said:
anyone with intelligence...please comment on the first post

this is ridiculous--i'm not in high school :rolleyes:
I think you are... or maybe grade school.
You came on the forum asking for help.
You didn't get it within an HOUR... so started bitching.
Your original post (and every post since) has poor or nonexistant grammar and punctuation.

BelizeBreeze

JETX said:
I think you are... or maybe grade school.
You came on the forum asking for help.
You didn't get it within an HOUR... so started bitching.
Your original post (and every post since) has poor or nonexistant grammar and punctuation.
AND you are violating copyright laws in each post you continue to make.

JETX

BelizeBreeze said:
AND you are violating copyright laws in each post you continue to make.
Care to enlighten me on how my posts are in violation of copyright laws???

BelizeBreeze

JETX said:
Care to enlighten me on how my posts are in violation of copyright laws???
not you...her. Check out the image she is using in the sig. It is copyrighted by the Virginia Chamber of Commerce.

rmet4nzkx

VAGirl1982 said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia
my BF and i got into a fight in late august. we both ended up pushign and shoving. so, it was both of us really fighting. i called the police because i wanted him to leave the house. when they finally got there, i did not want to press charges, just simply get him out (he left by then). the police said they had to file a report, etc.

court is this coming monday, i'm very nervous. he's being charged with assault and battery. i did not however tell the police at the time the report was taken that i fought him as well. i only told about what he had done to me. therefore, i dont believe this will be a fair trial. i told this to the commonwealth attorney already. she stated that all i can do is recommend the day of the trial, what i want to happen with him.

we are expecting a child and i dont want to see him in jail. i never did, even from the beginning. i just thought i could threaten him to leave with the police. i see where i'm wrong, but i didnt know that was the law.

so basically, is there anwyay, i can get them to dismiss the case or get a low sentence? i told the prosecutor that i will be no help to them, as i'm their witness, because i do not believe he's being charged fairly nor is the police report correct, because i had it read to me. plus i did not tell the side where i fought him.

what can i do..i'm very worried and i dont need the stress while pregnant!!!
How many months are you pregnant?
Does the prosecutor know this?
Have you ever heard of domestic violence?
Do you understand why your story is no surprise?

Dlgdabalm

Your BF will most likely recieve some DV classes along with AM and probation if it his first offense.

If you had said that he is facing "simple assault" your story would be more credible, but for him to be charged with "assault and battery", there is more to your story than what you are telling.

You will get the proper advise by telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, we are not the police.

from what I understand, the states/police/judges, etc are sick and tired of making arrests for domestic assaults, then having the SO show up in court arguing that his/her SO should NOT get into any trouble. Happens more often than not, so the state can pick up the charges and you have no part of it. The guy gets what he has coming....AS IT SHOULD BE.

Don't make excuses, if this man assaulted you, don't raise a child in this environment! If you are also an abusive person, take some parenting classes and some anger management classes and better yourself for the sake of your child! Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">