• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault with bodily injury, family violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

micha9877

What is the name of your state? TX

My girlfriend and I got into an arguement which turned into something physical. She does not want to press charges but I was arrested for it. The arresting officer told me that the state can prosecute me, even though she does not want to. Please any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? TX

My girlfriend and I got into an arguement which turned into something physical. She does not want to press charges but I was arrested for it. The arresting officer told me that the state can prosecute me, even though she does not want to. If she testifies that it was an accidental injury can they still prosecute or what options might I have? Please any advice is appreciated.

No history of violence at all.
So...You assaulted your girlfriend and now want her to LIE on the stand and risk criminal charges herself to save your sorry butt?? And you expect US to help you do this? No way little man...Go to prisontalk.com and have them help you!

micha9877

I do understand its hard to judge someones character in a good way through words on a forum, and im not asking you to. I would never ask somone to lie for me about anything. I did not attack her, I was defensive and reacted in a VERY poor manner and I feel more sorry than any of your judgements could make me feel. Not for the reason that I am in trouble for breaking a law, but the fact that I physically hurt someone I love so much. I am not asking you to tell me how to get around the law, and deviate the truth to accomplish saving me from more punishment. I came here to get a lawyers view on what the state can actually do. She nor I want to press charges on each other because we both feel that it was a situation that got way out of hand too fast and we are both at fault. I was told that the state cannot prosecute, if she does not want to press charges. But I personally thought this was incorrect. I can understand if you don't want to help, but I thought I would at least give it a try.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The state CAN prosecute regardless of girlfriend's feelings. it depends on the entire total of the evidence they have as to whether or not they WILL.

fairisfair

Thank you, do you know what type of evidence they would consider?
whatever they have.

The 911 call, the police officers observations, her statement to the police at that time, etc. etc. etc.

Oh, and then her testimony, when they subpeona and force her to testitfy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">