• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assult charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

j1faith

North Carolina,
my husband was charged with a misdemeanor assult charge. he and our 13 yr old son got into an altercation to where my son hit my husband and in return my husband. our home has never been through anything of this sort, ever. Our son has ADHD and has been having problems for months in school and home with anger and disrepect. so for a week before this happened we already had an appointment made with a Behavoiral Therapist. I am the one who called the police bc at that time that was my instinct. What do you think his chances are of these charges being dropped. My husband has no record whatsoever. Is it possible to get these charges dropped and if so, HOW!

davew128

Wait, you husband was arrested for assault for taking a punch to the face? What did he assault your sons hand with his chin???

dave33

North Carolina,
my husband was charged with a misdemeanor assult charge. he and our 13 yr old son got into an altercation to where my son hit my husband and in return my husband. our home has never been through anything of this sort, ever. Our son has ADHD and has been having problems for months in school and home with anger and disrepect. so for a week before this happened we already had an appointment made with a Behavoiral Therapist. I am the one who called the police bc at that time that was my instinct. What do you think his chances are of these charges being dropped. My husband has no record whatsoever. Is it possible to get these charges dropped and if so, HOW!
Well, you have gotten the police involved. The arrest is just the start of the whole procedure. You, personally cannot drop the charges that is something only the state can do. Hopefully the state will not issue a no contact order which would make it illegal for your husband to live there or even have contact with you or your son.

Myself having no or very litt6le knowledge of the situation can say there is no way to tell (yet) what will happen in the court proceedings. It could get dropped or this could be the start of a life changing event. Many times getting the police involved helps nobody. This may very well turn out to be unpleasant and make everyone's life more difficult.

Your son has some serious issues but for now the attention has been diverted to focus on your husband.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">