• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attacked by dad and i want to get out!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

court_n_merc

What is the name of your state? ohio
well i'm 17 and i turn 18 in 2 months and tonight my dad jumped on me and threw me into his closet door and hit me but when i went to the police he said the judge might not go through with the charges b/c i wasn't injured too bad but there is a bruise on my eye from where he hit me now i'm scared to be at home and i was wanting to know if there's anyway i can move out since ohio doesn't have the emancipation law?

court_n_merc

i was talking to my boyfriend on the phone and my mom instead of using her cell phone to call my aunt she disconnected the house phone while i was talking to him so i got made and took her cell phone to use it the my dad told me to give it back so i threw it out the door at them( i didn't through it hard) and i guess it hit him but i didn't mean to hit him i couldn't even see where it landed. i know i shouldn't have taken my mom's phone and i def. shouldn't have through it but is that an excuse to through me into the closet door and wrestle me then hit me??

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Sounds as though you have issues of your own. And considering that you're in a diversion program (hmmmm - what for?), you may want to straighten up your act a bit. Before a judge decides that you're not actually a candidate for diversion and tosses you behind bars.

You want to be an adult? Time to start acting like one.

Dlgdabalm

Well does your mom pay the phone bill ? Do you live in mom's house? is'nt she still your parent at 17? If YES then when she tells you to get off the phone, you get off. Dont come in here acting like you did not deserve the correcting you recieved.

LdiJ

Dlgdabalm said:
Well does your mom pay the phone bill ? Do you live in mom's house? is'nt she still your parent at 17? If YES then when she tells you to get off the phone, you get off. Dont come in here acting like you did not deserve the correcting you recieved.
She deserved correction....but not the type of correction that she got. No child deserves that type of correction....no matter what the infraction.

Rushia

LdiJ said:
She deserved correction....but not the type of correction that she got. No child deserves that type of correction....no matter what the infraction.
While I agree with you, it was harsh. I wouldn't put it above this child to lie to get what s/he wants. Op has been looking for ways out for a while.

Just Blue

Dlgdabalm said:

She was assaulted, not corrected....slamming a teenager into a closet for being a pain in the a$$ is not the way to deal with the situation!
God help your kids if you think this is okay! :(

Rushia

baystategirl said:
She was assaulted, not corrected....slamming a teenager into a closet for being a pain in the a$$ is not the way to deal with the situation!
God help your kids if you think this is okay! :(
I stand by what I said earlier. If it is the truth it's rather harsh. OP is in a diversion program and that means that OP has been in trouble before. OP has also stated in an earlier post that her parents do not beat her. She wants out of her home and will do what she can to get out.

Dlgdabalm

Baystate get a clue...

Here we go again with your bias BS. Why was it she was wrestling with her father to begin with???????????? because MOM wanted to use the phone but she felt talking to her BF was more important and when corrected she throws the cell phone at her dad instead of simply doing as she was told which parents have every right to do, she chose to escalated a fight and thats what she got, why could'nt she do as she was told before it became a blowout? and now she wants to blame her parents? She sounds like a spoiled little brat that never got a spanking when she needed it and YOU do to. My children do not throw things at me because they know better and have more respect than that.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Dlgdabalm said:
Here we go again with your bias BS. Why was it she was wrestling with her father to begin with???????????? because MOM wanted to use the phone but she felt talking to her BF was more important and when corrected she throws the cell phone at her dad instead of simply doing as she was told which parents have every right to do, she chose to escalated a fight and thats what she got, why could'nt she do as she was told before it became a blowout? and now she wants to blame her parents? She sounds like a spoiled little brat that never got a spanking when she needed it and YOU do to. My children do not throw things at me because they know better and have more respect than that.

while you may be right that is not an excuse to slam someone into the door, the kid should have been on serious lock down grounding for being so disrespectful, but not slammed into a door

LdiJ

WANNACRY said:
while you may be right that is not an excuse to slam someone into the door, the kid should have been on serious lock down grounding for being so disrespectful, but not slammed into a door
That is the exact point I was making as well. Perhaps the parent's inability to control anger is a contributing factor to the child's inability to control anger? Physical discipline of any kind, with a 17 year old is a recipe for disaster, particularly the type that crosses the line.

My own teen, out of naivete and some sheer stupidity, has gotten herself into major trouble in the past (thankfully done and over with).....I have been DANGED angry with her....but that kind of reaction?...no.

I can understand a parent who "snaps"...I really can. As an adolescent my child threw something once in anger. My solution was to calmly pick it up, tell her that she was paying the cost of replacing it....and to place her on restriction for a LONG time. Coming up with the money to replace the item hurt her even more than the restriction did.... ;)

Veronica1228

LdiJ said:
That is the exact point I was making as well. Perhaps the parent's inability to control anger is a contributing factor to the child's inability to control anger? Physical discipline of any kind, with a 17 year old is a recipe for disaster, particularly the type that crosses the line.

My own teen, out of naivete and some sheer stupidity, has gotten herself into major trouble in the past (thankfully done and over with).....I have been DANGED angry with her....but that kind of reaction?...no.

I can understand a parent who "snaps"...I really can. As an adolescent my child threw something once in anger. My solution was to calmly pick it up, tell her that she was paying the cost of replacing it....and to place her on restriction for a LONG time. Coming up with the money to replace the item hurt her even more than the restriction did.... ;)
I just want to interject to say that when I was a little kid my parents spanked me. Just on my bottom with a hand and not too much force. I have to admit that this really didn't keep me in line. However, when I was a teenager and I would get into trouble, my parents would "ground" me and not let me go out with my friends/boyfriend. They would also take away my telephone priviledges etc. Ouch! Now that really hurt! It was a much more effective form of punishment.

Throwing a person against a closet door is definitely excessive force and should be classified as abuse and NO ONE deserves that. That is, of course, IF these events really did occur.

Dlgdabalm

WANNACRY said:
Dad did not just walk into the room and slam this poor little thing like she would have you believe, she has left out all the things that would make her look bad.

She threw a cell phone at her father? Would'nt give the cell phone back when her mother asked and you really think for one second she is going to listen to some kind of lockdown? Not going to happen.

Parents have every right to correct thier children, if a child choses to bring it to the next level without one regard as to the consequences of thier actions then that child has issues.

"I have to admit that this really didn't keep me in line." It did make you think twice about what you were doing though I bet. lol.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Dlgdabalm said:
Dad did not just walk into the room and slam this poor little thing like she would have you believe, she has left out all the things that would make her look bad.

She threw a cell phone at her father? Would'nt give the cell phone back when her mother asked and you really think for one second she is going to listen to some kind of lockdown? Not going to happen.

Parents have every right to correct thier children, if a child choses to bring it to the next level without one regard as to the consequences of thier actions then that child has issues.

"I have to admit that this really didn't keep me in line." It did make you think twice about what you were doing though I bet. lol.
of course this little girl did not give us all the facts, but yes grounding would have worked for her, as was said before she's has already been in trouble and involved with the system, how hard to you thing it would be for dad to arrange to have her spend 2-3 days in jail if she doesn't follow punishment????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">